Good SOAP lib for Python 2.2

Kendall Clark kendall at monkeyfist.com
Thu Jul 11 11:23:22 EDT 2002

On Thu, Jul 11, 2002 at 03:08:58PM +0000, Christopher Browne wrote:
> Irmen de Jong <irmen at NOSPAMREMOVETHISxs4all.nl> wrote:
> > I'm using Python 2.2.1 and I'm searching a current, up-to-date
> > SOAP library for Python.
> > I tried ZSI but it fails because apparently it uses an old XML api.
> >
> > What should I try instead?
>
> Something's odd there.  There hasn't been any activity with ZSI since
> about mid-May.
>
> And zolera.com (home of Rich Salz, main ZSI developer) seems dead (as
> in "DNS doesn't think it exists anymore").
>
> Have Zolera/Rich Salz disappeared?

Zolera has, afaik, gone under. Salz is active on XML-SIG list.

He's also the new XML.com Web Services columnist, and he's pretty much
doing it in Python, which some on this list may find interesting.

See, for example,

     Generating SOAP
     http://admin.xml.com/pub/a/2002/06/12/soap.html

     Examining WSDL
     http://admin.xml.com/pub/a/2002/05/15/ends.html

the first of which uses ZSI to muck about with Google.

I've also heard rumors of a Python-XML column at XML.com, but I can
neither confirm nor deny them. :>

Best,
Kendall Clark