Good SOAP lib for Python 2.2

Irmen de Jong irmen at NOSPAMREMOVETHISxs4all.nl
Thu Jul 11 14:40:16 EDT 2002

Christopher Browne wrote:
> Irmen de Jong <irmen at NOSPAMREMOVETHISxs4all.nl> wrote:
>
>>I'm using Python 2.2.1 and I'm searching a current, up-to-date
>>SOAP library for Python.
>>I tried ZSI but it fails because apparently it uses an old XML api.
>>
>>What should I try instead?
>

> Something's odd there.  There hasn't been any activity with ZSI since
> about mid-May.
>
> And zolera.com (home of Rich Salz, main ZSI developer) seems dead (as
> in "DNS doesn't think it exists anymore").
>
> Have Zolera/Rich Salz disappeared?
>
> As for what's "up-to-date", your options are limited, as the latest
> release _was_ ZSI, in mid-May 2002.  The last release of anything else
> was of SOAP.py 0.9.7, in June 2001.  (The developers thereof were at a
> DotCom that has gone under.)

Weird stuff... for Java, SOAP seems to become the de-facto RPC-over-web
aka Web Services platform, and a dozen implementations can be found.

Now why is there so little SOAP activity for Python?

Not that I like SOAP. I like XMLRPC  better, of which there's even a
module in the Python standard library. But I just have to use SOAP
for this project I'm working on, and I want to prototype stuff
in Python.

Anyway I'll try the updated SOAP.py from the PyGoogle stuff.

Thanks,
irmen de jong