Linux clock-setting script

William Park opengeometry at NOSPAM.yahoo.ca
Wed Jul 10 01:36:26 EDT 2002

Chris Gonnerman <chris.gonnerman at newcenturycomputers.net> wrote:
>> I've seen it, but it's a tarball which you have to download and compile.
>
> This is a problem?

Not really, but there are 2 other utilities in installation CD.

>> Whereas, 'netdate', 'ntpdate', and 'telnet 13' are ready to run on all
>> Linux distribution.  I have DSL connection, so I run it once a day in
>> Crontab.  If you dialup, then you can run it from '/etc/ppp/ip-up'.
>
> True.  chrony doesn't update the time by "lurches" though, but by "skew,"
> which is better in most cases.

I think all does "skewing" if time difference is small enough (I think
0.5s).

--
William Park, Open Geometry Consulting, <opengeometry at yahoo.ca>
8-CPU Cluster, Hosting, NAS, Linux, LaTeX, python, vim, mutt, tin