Beginner problems importing module

Chris Liechti cliechti at gmx.net
Sat Jul 27 14:33:17 EDT 2002

George Torrance <torrance at mondenet.com> wrote in
news:mailman.1027778814.26007.python-list at python.org:
> I am a beginner and am trying to use the module winioport by Dincer
> Aydin. I put the files for this in the main c:\python22 directory.

welcome.
a good place for user installed packages is
"C:\Python22\Lib\site-packages\" this directory is searched when loading
modules.

> When I try to import winioport I get the following error message
>   File "C:\Python22\Lib\site-packages\winio\windll.py", line 20, in ?
>     import calldll
> ImportError: DLL load failed: One of the library files needed to run
> this application cannot be found.

calldll is a binary extension (a DLL) and it does not find an other DLL it
needs. you're sure that you downloaded calldll for the correct python
version? (unfortunately, on windows, binary extensions have to be build
separately for each python version, usualy there are multiple downloads on
the page you get the thing from)

> Does this mean that it cant find  calldll (which I put  in c:\python22),
> or that calldll can't find some library file it is looking for?

it finds calldll, otherwise the error message would be different.

chris

--
Chris <cliechti at gmx.net>