Beginner problems importing module

George Torrance torrance at mondenet.com
Sat Jul 27 10:11:33 EDT 2002

Hi:

I am a beginner and am trying to use the module winioport by Dincer
Aydin. I put the files for this in the main c:\python22 directory.

When I try to import winioport I get the following error message

>>> import winioport
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<pyshell#5>", line 1, in ?
    import winioport
  File "C:\PYTHON22\winioport.py", line 63, in ?
    import windll                                       # import windll
module
  File "C:\Python22\Lib\site-packages\winio\windll.py", line 20, in ?
    import calldll
ImportError: DLL load failed: One of the library files needed to run
this application cannot be found.

Does this mean that it cant find  calldll (which I put  in c:\python22),
or that calldll can't find some library file it is looking for?

Any help appreciated!

G Torrance