Can't detect EOF with pylibpcap

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Wed Jul 31 14:24:15 EDT 2002

In article <8qU19.30825$eH2.13210511 at ruti.visi.com>, Grant Edwards wrote:

> I'm using pylibpcap 0.4 to analyze capture files created by
> Ethereal.  It works nicely except I can't detect end of file.
>
> When you use the next() method, it just never returns when it
> hits end of file.

Hmm. The next() method seems to be working better now.  It
returns (<large-number>, None, timestamp) at EOF.  I would have
sworn it wasn't doing that before...

Still, it would be nice to be able to use dispatch() or loop().

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  I'm also pre-POURED
                                  at               pre-MEDITATED and