Can't detect EOF with pylibpcap

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Wed Jul 31 12:40:36 EDT 2002

I'm using pylibpcap 0.4 to analyze capture files created by
Ethereal.  It works nicely except I can't detect end of file.

When you use the next() method, it just never returns when it
hits end of file.  Calling dispatch() or loop() returns without
doing anything, but neither return the number of packets
processed, so there's no simple way to determine if you're at
end of file or not.  The C versions of the dispatch() and
loop() calls return the number of packets processed (0 == EOF).

Has anybody else figured out how to detect EOF with pylibpcap?

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  HOORAY, Ronald!! Now
                                  at               YOU can marry LINDA