[OT] Corrections about Java

Bo M. Maryniuck b.maryniuk at forbis.lt
Tue Jul 9 05:37:11 EDT 2002

On Tuesday 09 July 2002 11:08, Gerhard Häring wrote:
> Java compilers that output machine code exist.
Yes, people espesially need Java COMPILER for CROSSPLATFORMING...

> Even the GNU compiler
> family has one.
Has few. But no one use. Java "feature" (five years ago) was crossplatforming.
But today it isn't feature, IMHO. The coolest feature of Java is bloatty
code, 100% system language, multiple inheritance absence, licenses and stuff,
that Java is a _closed_ system.

For example, this goes loop forewer:

for (;;) {
  try {
    break;
 //^^^^^
    continue;
  } finally {
    lalala...
  }
}

Hall of shame, IMHO.

> > > ·         Python cannot write docstrings in C++.
> > What is this (anybody understood this?).
> Extension modules can of course have docstrings.

But why they wanna write it in C++, not in English? :)

> See signature :)

Well... Seems like Python. :)))))))

--
Sincerely yours, Bogdan M. Maryniuck

"Oh, I've seen copies [of Linux Journal] around the terminal room at The
Labs."
(By Dennis Ritchie)