wxRadioButtons logic (2 Qs)

Chris h_j_fong at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 28 12:50:38 EDT 2002

Hi there,

I've got 2 questions for a GUI I'm writing.  Checked Google, Google
groups, and wxPython demo - no luck.

1.  Is there some way to get the logical binding of buttons found in
RadioBox, but the flexibility of button positioning found in
RadioButton?  I want two sets of irregularly spaced RadioButtons, and
it seems it should be possible to somehow bind the IDs into sets;
otherwise if I want to use different sets of exclusive buttons, it
seems I'm contrained to a grid layout as in RadioBox.  If I use
RadioButtons as is, all four buttons are considered one mutually
exclusive set.  Alterntively, perhaps RadioBox has more felxibility
than I understand.

2.  Is it possible (I know it is...) to dynamically change my window
as the user inputs information?  For example, imagine two radio
buttons "books" and "movies".  Then a second set of buttons,
heretofore present but blank, might be labeled "fiction"/"nonfiction"
or "color"/"b&w" depending on his/her first choice.  Presumably there
is some way to seamlessly refresh the window, or overwrite a sizer
with another.  Just some advice about where to start reading would be
helpful, although a demo/snippet might be nice as well :-).

Thanks a bunch, expyrts,
Chris