Book: "Learning Python" Is it still a good reference for a Python Beginner?

David LeBlanc whisper at oz.net
Sun Jul 21 16:33:33 EDT 2002

<snip>
> I do hope Ascher and Lundh find the time to update "Learning" to
> 2.2 very soon, of course.  But if they don't, it's still a good
> book indeed.  There are other good books, but "Learning" is still
> my first recommendation to a programmer experienced in other
> languages who wants to get started with Python on the right foot.
>
> (Bias warning: working with David on the Python Cookbook has made
> us friends -- but I liked Learning Python even before then!-).
>

> Alex

You know, I have a book called "Learning Python" (O'Reilly & Associates;
ISBN: 1565924649; (April 9, 1999)), but this version is written by Mark
Lutz, David Ascher and Frank Willison (Ed.) - is the Ascher/Lundh book a
different version?

<innocent grin />

Dave LeBlanc

P.S. Whoever wrote it, I second the motion favoring a new revision!