embedding pythonwin into an MFC application

BethO at surfware.com BethO at surfware.com
Thu Jul 25 17:48:05 EDT 2002

Hi,

I have a program where alot of the processing is written in C++, but this is
driven by a python script.  We want the end users to be able to make their
own modifications if they want to, so we'd like to embed the pythonwin
application within an MFC C++ interface.

I'm having some problems getting started in this regard...............I
looked at the embedding pythonwin documentation that was included, but I
don't have the file win32uihostglue.h on any of my
machines................................I'm not sure what downloads contain
this file.............

When I look at the C++ documentation, it talks about embedded applications
in relation to how they modify the document...........I really don't want to
modify the document in this way, I just want to embed the Python application
within a C++ view, so I'm really not sure about implementing the container
on the C++ end, etc..........

Anyhow, any feedback in this regard is most appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Beth E. Okun