embedding pythonwin into an MFC application

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Thu Jul 25 23:59:07 EDT 2002

BethO at surfware.com wrote:

> I'm having some problems getting started in this regard...............I
> looked at the embedding pythonwin documentation that was included, but I
> don't have the file win32uihostglue.h on any of my
> machines................................I'm not sure what downloads contain
> this file.............

This is in the Pythonwin sources.  My starship page has information on
how to get the source code via CVS.

> When I look at the C++ documentation, it talks about embedded applications
> in relation to how they modify the document...........I really don't want to
> modify the document in this way, I just want to embed the Python application
> within a C++ view, so I'm really not sure about implementing the container
> on the C++ end, etc..........

I'm not sure what you mean here, especially about "embed the Python
application in a view".  You can implement as much or as little of a
document, view or doctemplate in Python as you like.

If all you want is the Pythonwin editor, then this is doable too -
Pythonwin registers a document template, so as long as you ensure this
registration code is called, the normal MFC docview architecture should
allow everything to work.

Mark.