NEWBIE: for statement in "dive into python" gives syntax error.

Mack gugabbe at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 23 18:27:30 EDT 2002

In <m2lm82tco9.fsf at mother.paradise.lost>, John Hunter wrote:

>>>>>> "Mack" == Mack  <gugabbe at hotmail.com> writes:

Just built myself new redhat 7.1 packages from source rpms (2.2.1). Works
great sofar. I hope it doesn't break any tools that uses old python. I
found out, however, that there were now three pythons in /usr/bin,
python, python1.5 and python2. python were identical to python 1.5 so I
just did a cp /usr/bin/python2 /usr/bin/python. I can always revert if
somethings wrong.

I started reading some tutorials on python because I've just read SAMS
"Teach Yourself Perl in 21 days". Seems to be a really powerful language
and looks just about what I need. I do not really like the complex syntax
though so I thought that I'd look into Python as well. Ordered a book
today also. I think it's best to take a really good look before I get too
busy coding a lot of stuff that I'll regret later. Thanks for all the
help sofar.

  Mack