j2ee vs. python (and what our evil competitors are saying about python)

Bo M. Maryniuck b.maryniuk at forbis.lt
Tue Jul 9 06:18:50 EDT 2002

On Tuesday 09 July 2002 11:56, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> It's part of the kdebindings module:
> http://developer.kde.org/language-bindings/java/index.html

AFAIK, QT isn't KDE, right? It actually, *is*, but You can not run KDE so far
simply on Winblows or MacOS or somewhere else as You can do this with
wxWindows or Tk.

And you can not use Java for very small and fast programs (console use) --
it'll start a half of hour... And also not for very-very-very large projects
with GUI and other stuff. I've seen no one success project, written on Java.
Even all the tools from the Oracle 8i-9i -- they always mostly fails or
crashes in the middle of the work (JDeveloper, Oracle Installer, OAS etc). :(

--
Sincerely yours, Bogdan M. Maryniuck

"...Deep Hack Mode--that mysterious and frightening state of
consciousness where Mortal Users fear to tread."
(By Matt Welsh)