PyXPCOM and SVG

Gerhard Häring gerhard.haering at gmx.de
Wed Jul 24 16:41:38 EDT 2002

Trent Mick wrote in comp.lang.python:
> [Johann Höchtl wrote]
>> Hello !
>>
>> I was thinking of using Mozillas new SVG and/or the gecko rendering
>> engine and XUL capabilities in a wxpython-application using PyXPCOM
>> bindings.
>
> Phew. I don't know how you would mix XUL and wxPython.

Stupid question maybe. What does XUL have to do with Gecko? I had the
impression that you could embed Gecko in win32 or gtk apps just fine
without having to touch XUL at all :)

Especially on Windows, I believe there are only one or two lines to be
changed to replace wxPython's upcoming IE component (in 2.3.3) with
the Mozilla COM component. The IE and Gecko controls are interface
compatible and only differ in class name and clsid.

I've just read about it this evening.

URLs of interest for the win32 side:
http://www.iol.ie/~locka/mozilla/mozilla.htm
http://www.codeguru.com/controls/iemozilla.html

Being able to use Gecko in the gtk flavour of wxPython would be extra
cool, but I have no idea how to do _that_.

Gerhard
--
mail:   gerhard <at> bigfoot <dot> de       registered Linux user #64239
web:    http://www.cs.fhm.edu/~ifw00065/    OpenPGP public key id AD24C930