Thanks ... and how to express them.

Delaney, Timothy tdelaney at avaya.com
Sun Jul 7 20:30:43 EDT 2002

> From: chris lyon [mailto:chris.lyon at spritenote.co.uk]
>
> Just a question of etiquete.
> I have recieved beneficial help form individuals do I thank
> on the list or not?

It depends on the complexity and number of answers ;)

If it's just one or two people, and the answer is simple, an off-list email
is good.

If there are lots of people, or the answers are complex, an on-list email,
with a summary of the (correct) answers and a "thanks to all who helped" is
much appreciated. However, if you *just* post a "thanks to all who helped"
message, you are almost certain to get people asking "and what was the
answer?" so you should supply it first :)

Cheers.