Idle setup install falis on Win2k

David LeBlanc whisper at oz.net
Mon Jul 8 23:13:38 EDT 2002

BULLSHIT!

RTFC!

If you run /python22/tools/idle/setup.py install see what happens!!!

HINT: TAKE A LOOK AT /python22/scripts/idle.py! Then, please tell me how:
#!J:\Python22\python.exe

import PyShell
PyShell.main()
is going to magically figure out that PyShell.py got put in
/python22/lib/site-packages/libidle?

If /python22/tools/idle/setup.py shouldn't be run on Windows, WHY IS IT
THERE? Strange as it might seem to you, some Windows developers use a
command line and, at least in theory, if you install Idle, you should be
able to run it from a command line. (BTW, it did install in the python22
group of the start menu.)

AS for things that "only work for me", I have reinstalled C++, Python and
re-built standaloneZODB and it STILL compiles and crashes. I personally
suspect all the weird and funny games that are played by SAZODB when it
loads. Why, for example, does it import things and then delete them?
(site-packages/zodb/__init__.py).

Just because I'm the only one experiencing a problem DOES NOT mean that
there's not a problem with your (Zope's) code!

I'm glad you declared the problem solved and then just walked away.

Dave LeBlanc
Seattle, WA USA