wxPython TextCtrl overwriting

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Sat Jul 27 18:05:38 EDT 2002

"Chris" wrote:

> I'll give that a try.  BTW, any idea why python usually crashes so
> horrendously while running my GUI in windows?  It seems like if I
> click on my python window or anything like that while the GUI is up,
> everything crashes fierce

are you running a wxPython program from inside IDLE?

if so, it's probably the usual problem: IDLE runs your program
inside it's own process, which is already running a Tkinter GUI.
when both libraries fight over who's in charge of the underlying
Window APIs, all sorts of things can happen.

the solution is to run the program from the command line, or
get an environment that knows how to run programs in an ex-
ternal process (such as IDLE-FORK and most commercial IDEs).

</F>