XSLT processor

Stefan Heimann stefan.heimann at web.de
Sat Jul 20 11:12:19 EDT 2002

Hi!

I need a XSLT processor for an application written in Python. Ok,
there are some processors out there for python, but I need something
special: I want to register my own templates. Imagine a code like
that:

fun foo(node):
    pass

processor = XXLTProcessor()
processor.registerTemplate('/bar/x/y', foo)
# ...
processor.run(xmlInputFile)

Now, every time the pattern '/bar/x/y' is matched, the function foo is
called with the current context node as parameter.

I hope it is clear what I mean.

Saxon - a XSLT processor written in Java - provides such an internal
API. Does anyone know if there is something similar for python?

Bye Stefan