Using Python for processing of large datasets (convincing man agment)

Gerhard Häring gerhard.haering at gmx.de
Tue Jul 9 04:30:40 EDT 2002

* Thomas Jensen <spam at ob_scure.dk> [2002-07-09 10:03 +0200]:
> Delaney, Timothy wrote:
>
> [snip - multiple results]
>
> >or you can actually do it in your sql call - IIRC correctly as a "batch"
> >call, or just simply as:
> >
> >"select a from T_A;select b from T_B;select c from T_C;"
> >
> >Doing this should reduce your network latency massively.
>
> I've used this method before, but never to reduce latency, thanks for
> the advice!

Before you get too excited: .nextset() in the Python DB-API is not meant
to be used with multiple select statements sent in one shot. It's meant
for stored procedures only.

Gerhard
--
This sig powered by Python!
Außentemperatur in München: 24.9 °C      Wind: 1.0 m/s