j2ee vs. python (and what our evil competitors are saying about python)

Neil Schemenauer nas at python.ca
Mon Jul 8 20:44:16 EDT 2002

curt finch wrote:
> Our free web timesheet app is written totally in Python.  One of our
> competitors is saying the following things about python to our
> customers.  Help me make them look stupid.  Please?

[Lots of stupid crap deleted]

I don't think you have to do anything.  They are doing fine job of
looking stupid all by themselves.  You might suggest that your customers
compare application functionality instead of comparing low level
implementation details.  Other than that, you should probably spend time
improving you application rather than worrying about all the morons in
this world.

You really must be kicking their ass if their best criticism of your
product is its implementation language.  I can imagine them cooking up
with new criticisms right now:

    Their application code was edited using Emacs and Vi.  We only use
    the Espressomatic 3501(TM) in our shop.  Vi and Emacs suck because

:-)

  Neil