Python and Sockets,

John J Breen jbreen at nospam.com
Wed Jul 31 18:43:21 EDT 2002

    Hey all,
            I am writing a program in Pygtk that also has a Python/TK
component. I need these two components to be able to communicate with
one another through a third component written in python. I would like to
use sockets to send information back and forth, but am running into some
trouble. The components may be sending information at any time so I need
to the sockets to be able to listen/send at any time. I cant have a loop
for listening because that would keep the user from sending events to
either the gtk or TK interface. Someone suggested _createfilehandler but
Im not sure what that is... Does anyone have any suggestions for such a
problem?