Tkinter vs. wxPython

Darrell dgallion1 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 20 12:59:00 EDT 2002

Kevin Altis wrote:
> What do you mean wants to display images from BMPs? Could it be you are
> confusing the wxBitmap class with BMPs?

Well, yes I thought that wxBitmap was the same as a BMP.

> The pictureViewer sample that comes with PythonCard can open all of these.

Took a look at PythonCard and was impressed.

But my issues persist.
I use PIL to process a 40meg black and white image. With eight bits per
pixel. To display this with wx it must be converted to RGB which grows the
image by 3x and might loose bits on the pixels.

The result didn't look that good.

I just want to view/pan/zoom which PIL was perfect for.
Tk displayed the image with out any problems.
Although a decent pan and zoom UI seems to be beyond me 8(

--Darrell