j2ee vs. python (and what our evil competitors are saying about python)

Bo M. Maryniuck b.maryniuk at forbis.lt
Tue Jul 9 04:41:07 EDT 2002

You know, that's funny. :))))))

On Tuesday 09 July 2002 01:18, curt finch wrote:
>  Issues and concerns
>  ·         No integrated GUI (Graphic user interface) support.
wxWindows, anygui, Tk, GTK+, QT, fwm and Windoze resources. Did somebody can
make Java soft with... QT or wxWindows widgets? No?!..

> ·         No compiler to the native code.
Aha, sure. Java -- "write once and debug everywhere". Ask them what is JVM and
what that 40 megs bloatware doing on your machine and why same Java crapware
doe not working on shortly-different JVM versions.

> ·         No automatic garbage collection.
What?!

> ·         Does not have vast number of libraries as that of Java,
> Perl, C++; etc.
Actually, do not trust for all what is on CPAN, if you do something expencive,
commertial and with long support offering. IMHO...

> ·         Since Python is an interpreted language, it requires
> frequent run-time checks and thus does not provide the speed,
> performance and efficiency of compiled languages like Java, Perl and
> C++, which is a major issue.
This is really VERY funny. Who said that *Perl* or Java is compiled language?
They both are _interpreters_ with different that Java do bytecode first.

> ·         Python does not provide multiple ways to perform tasks as do
> most other languages.
This is just commertial crap of stupid managers.

> ·         Limited documentation- only two English language books exist
> which provide tutorials or a library reference for Python.
Take them look over amazon.com -- let they stop crapping you.

> ·         The language is restricted to fewer code modules.
Ask them to show the Java code, where is the multiple class inheritance. ;-)

> ·         Lacks native threading capabilities.
Really? Just do:

import thread
import threading

...or show them few examples of threading from wxWindows demos.

> ·         Lacks basic tools such as integrated source level debuggers.
Oh yes. I "like" when JSP shows me at leat five pages of traceback where you
can found nothing suitable for bugfixing. One of the all featureas why I like
Python -- is _exact_ and _smart_ explanation what and where is wrong (unlike
Perl or Java).

> ·         No packaging methods for software distribution.
Look at any release since 2.0 (afaik).

> ·         Lacks tools to solve typographical and type mismatch classes
> of errors.
What the crap is here? Is it like "wwooohhoooo!!! I have COMPILED it!!!
SEL-L-L!!!"

> ·         Python cannot write docstrings in C++.
What is this (anybody understood this?).

> ·         Python is difficult to read.
Aha, sure:
-----------------8<-----------------
#!/usr/bin/perl -w
use strict;
$_=q[";7w2q";m/656/bq6/i;$g=
q(3616w8206qc7);$/="265502";
0;{$w=~y/726568q7/=46/;}for(
6..ew(6));q1;=|20.747.3754|;
@wa];s[\[^0-9a-f\]]{}g;@ARGV
=reverse(/../g);$a=\@ARGV;0;
grep{push(@_,sprintf('%.2x',
hex))}@$a;$"=q s\xs ;$$=qq"$
\"@_";$$=~s/\s//g;print eval
qq("$$");
-----------------8<-----------------

> Application Areas
> ·         Prototyping and development
> ·         Platform independent graphic user interface applications
> ·         Internet scripting/applications
> ·         Automated test harnesses
> ·         System administration applications
> ·         Shell scripting/OS Scripting
> ·         Text processing
> ·         Database Interfaces
> ·         Application Extensions
> ·         Distributed Programming
All of this are just buzzwords, used by stupid lamers. What I suggest, is only
FIRE OUT your competitors.

also NASA, Google, IBM and a lot of others, described on http://www.python.org

--
Sincerely yours, Bogdan M. Maryniuck

lp1 on fire
(One of the more obfuscated kernel messages)