Dict^H^H^H^HSomething in binary pickle causes exception

Greg Ewing see_reply_address at something.invalid
Mon Jul 22 21:54:58 EDT 2002

Tim Peters wrote:

> {1: 2}
> No problems for me.  Show us what you do that fails.

Sorry, it looks like I jumped to a completely unwarranted

conclusion by assuming that dictionaries were responsible.

There is *something* in my pickle that the unpickler
doesn't like, however. It's a pickled Plex Lexicon,
and it's rather big (too big to post here, anyway).
I'll do some more investigation and try to narrow
it down.

Anyway, what I mainly wanted to find out is whether
the binary format *should* be able to handle everything
that the non-binary format can. I take it the answer
to that is "yes"?

--
Greg Ewing, Computer Science Dept,
University of Canterbury,