Anybody using 4suite for xslt processing?

Roman Suzi rnd at onego.ru
Tue Jul 23 02:17:48 EDT 2002

On Mon, 22 Jul 2002, John Hunter wrote:

It is interesting that sometimes Distutils create an rpm which makes directory
in site-packages with a needed package inpenetrable to anyone except root. I
remember several times I needed to change permissions back to allow others to
access it. Probably xslt dir has wrong permissions. (What happens? Does root's
umask interfer? The problem arises when I am trying to do python2 setup.py
bdist_rpm with some packages and then install i386.rpm from dist subdir.)

Another question about 4Suite xslt processing is: how to allow it to live with
PyXML correctly? PyXML docs say I need without-xslt and without-xpath optins
to have non-conflicting setup...

>    Marko> In diretory Python22\Lib\site-packages\Ft\Lib there is a
>    Marko> file __packageInfo__.py that says: version = "0.12.0a2"
>
>Mine is 0.11.0
>
>    Marko> What do you have in your directories, which path contains a
>    Marko> class with appendstylesheeturi?
>
>I have the Ft dir, but I also have the _xmlplus dir.  When I use a
>recursive grep on *.py files in my site-packages tree for
>appendStylesheetUri, I get three matches:
>
>./Ft/DbDom/transformDbDom.py
>./_xmlplus/xslt/Processor.py
>./_xmlplus/xslt/_4xslt.py
>
>It appears that the xslt/Processor.py is the one you want.  Why you
>don't have it, I don't know.
>
>John Hunter

Sincerely yours, Roman Suzi
--