PyXPCOM and SVG

Johann Höchtl johann.hoechtl at myrealbox.com
Wed Jul 24 14:20:17 EDT 2002

Hello !

I was thinking of using Mozillas new SVG and/or the gecko rendering
engine and XUL capabilities in a wxpython-application using PyXPCOM
bindings.

First of all: is this the right track to follow?

I was rather unhappy when i noticed that his requires me to build
mozilla and PyXPCOM from sources.

Are there technical reasons why there are no binary packages available?
Or is the reason it's almost commercial background as it is used in the
Komodo IDE? That means is there a legal or licence issue?

Regards,
	Johann

PS: I thinking I will do some initial development on the Windows
plattform, If that matters.