Tkinter Tab Bindings

Jeffrey jmsun at bioeng.ucsd.edu
Tue Jan 8 19:28:04 EST 2002

Hi Everyone,
  I have a GUI that has several entry fields in it.  Of course,
hitting the 'TAB' or 'SHIFT-TAB' button moves the focus onto an
adjacent field.  But my problem is, that when an adjacent entry field
( let's say entry field "e1") has text in it and you've "tabbed" into
the entry field "e1", all the text in entry field "e1" has been
highlighted, thus selected.  I'm trying to avoid that.  I've created a
binding, for example e0.bind( '<TAB>', foo ) and
e2.bind('<ISO_Left_Tab>', foo ), where the function foo calls
e1.selection_clear(), but this still doesn't help.  Some other binding
must reselect the text in "e1".  Does anyone have any input.

						Thanks,
							Jeff