Tkinter Tab Bindings

Joseph A Knapka jknapka at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 8 22:31:57 EST 2002

Jeffrey wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>   I have a GUI that has several entry fields in it.  Of course,
> hitting the 'TAB' or 'SHIFT-TAB' button moves the focus onto an
> adjacent field.  But my problem is, that when an adjacent entry field
> ( let's say entry field "e1") has text in it and you've "tabbed" into
> the entry field "e1", all the text in entry field "e1" has been
> highlighted, thus selected.  I'm trying to avoid that.  I've created a
> binding, for example e0.bind( '<TAB>', foo ) and
> e2.bind('<ISO_Left_Tab>', foo ), where the function foo calls
> e1.selection_clear(), but this still doesn't help.  Some other binding
> must reselect the text in "e1".  Does anyone have any input.
>
>                                                 Thanks,
>                                                         Jeff

Of course I meant:

e1.bind("<FocusIn>",e1.selection_clear)

Cheers,

-- Joe
"I should like to close this book by sticking out any part of my neck
 which is not yet exposed, and making a few predictions about how the
 problem of quantum gravity will in the end be solved."
 --- Physicist Lee Smolin, "Three Roads to Quantum Gravity"