Autocoding project proposal.

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Sat Jan 26 13:55:47 EST 2002

Timothy Rue wrote:

> On 25-Jan-02 18:28:11 phil hunt <philh at comuno.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
>
> >500 lines in one function... pass the sick bucket, please.
>
> Show me where functions and whatever else you want to claim is the right
> way to do it, can be done in a manner that improves the processing and
> readability of the code.

By overwhelming consensus of the vast majority of practicing programmers
at this time, a 500 line script with no functions would be considered
the poster boy for unreadability.

> otherwise you are using arrogance to try and fool others into believen
> that the code don't work.

Nobody said the code wouldn't work, they just said it smelled.
If it has no subroutines, they are right.  It's not arrogance, it's
just mass public opinion on the matter...