TPG : Parser generator in Python

Amit Patel amitp at Xenon.Stanford.EDU
Mon Jan 7 16:49:50 EST 2002

 Magnus Lie Hetland <mlh at vier.idi.ntnu.no> wrote:
| In article <3C3A03FC.80302 at free.fr>, Christophe Delord wrote:
| >The first version of TPG (Toy Parser Generator) is available at
| >http://christophe.delord.free.fr
| >TPG is a recursive descendant parser generator and has been designed to
| >be small and simple to use. It's not as powerfull as YACC, ANTRL or
| >others but very easy to use with Python.
| >
| >It is the first version of TPG so any comments or requests are welcome
| >to help me improving TPG.
|
| One question: Have you seen Spark?
| (http://pages.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/~aycock/spark/)
|
| --
| Magnus Lie Hetland                                  The Anygui Project

Another similar project is Yapps, which is also recursive descent,
designed to be small and simple to use, and not as powerful as many of
the others:

                 http://theory.stanford.edu/~amitp/Yapps/

I wrote it because I wanted something really easy to use for simple
tasks (config files, basic expressions, email addresses, etc.).  And
like TPG, Yapps uses the .g extension to mark grammar files. :)

- Amit

Amit J Patel, Computer Science Department, Stanford University
http://www-cs-students.stanford.edu/~amitp/