TPG : Parser generator in Python

Christophe Delord christophe.delord at free.fr
Mon Jan 7 16:18:31 EST 2002

Magnus Lie Hetland wrote:

> In article <3C3A03FC.80302 at free.fr>, Christophe Delord wrote:
>
>>The first version of TPG (Toy Parser Generator) is available at
>>http://christophe.delord.free.fr
>>TPG is a recursive descendant parser generator and has been designed to
>>be small and simple to use. It's not as powerfull as YACC, ANTRL or
>>others but very easy to use with Python.
>>
>>It is the first version of TPG so any comments or requests are welcome
>>to help me improving TPG.
>>

> One question: Have you seen Spark?
> (http://pages.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/~aycock/spark/)

No, I have not.
I've just downloaded it :-) What I can say after five minutes is that
SPARK may be more powerfull and faster than TPG. Especially its way of
coding scanning and parsing in Python is very interesting. But TPG has a
very clear syntax. It's possible to write a grammar with very few code
and it can generate stand-alone parsers.

I will study SPARK further...

I'm rather new to Python. Do you have other interesting links like this
one ?