New module for Python

Tyler W. Wilson tyler.w.wilson at gte.net
Wed Jan 2 21:43:39 EST 2002

I am learning Pythin right now, and would like to write a new extension for
the language, for both practive doing so, and to give something back to the
community. I have many years of experience writing Windows code (esp.
multimedia stuf), so perhaps something Windows-specific. Though I like to
write code that can be portable.

So, I am looking for input on what kind of module I should write. Right now
I am thinking of a generic DirectShow module that would allow the playback
of any media-type that DS supports. Pretty simple to do, but I did a search
and saw that there is a package called snack that may provide the
functionality I am thinking about.

Any thoughts, comments, etc welcome.

Thanks,
Tyler Wilson