New module for Python

Brad Bollenbach bbollenbach at home.com
Wed Jan 2 22:28:40 EST 2002

"Tyler W. Wilson" <tyler.w.wilson at gte.net> wrote in message
news:vzPY7.1410$Tc4.180525 at dfiatx1-snr1.gtei.net...
> I am learning Pythin right now, and would like to write a new extension
for
> the language, for both practive doing so, and to give something back to
the
> community. I have many years of experience writing Windows code (esp.
> multimedia stuf), so perhaps something Windows-specific. Though I like to
> write code that can be portable.
>
> So, I am looking for input on what kind of module I should write. Right
now

Port Perl's Mail::Audit into Python code. I'd love to see that. :)

I find pycmail's interface freakishly weird, where Mail::Audit (by the
excellent Simon Cozens) seems much more intuitive.

Unfortunately this isn't Windows-specific, nor even really useful to the
Average Windows Hacker, but hey, better to write something that will make
your life easier (if you use Unix or a Unix-like OS by any chance). If
you're really looking for something to write, believe me, if you concentrate
hard enough on being lazy, you'll figure out something you can write that'll
make YOU as happy as it'll make others.

Hope that helps to get you started thinking of some ideas,

Brad