RELEASED - StandaloneZODB 1.0 release candidate 1

Richard Jones rjones at ekit-inc.com
Mon Jan 28 17:47:21 EST 2002

On Sat, 26 Jan 2002 23:36, Max M wrote:
> Barry A. Warsaw wrote:
> > I'm please to announce the first official release of StandaloneZODB,
> > the Python object persistency system also known as the Z Object
> > Database.  ZODB is the object-oriented database underlying Zope; the
> > StandaloneZODB project's goal is to provide those same facilities to
> > non-Zope related Python applications.
>
> This is GREAT news for both Zope and Python. I will immediately try it out.

Do! :)

I think it really needs to be reinforced: the posting says "the
StandaloneZODB project's goal is to provide those same facilities to non-Zope
related Python applications"... when it really should say "The StandaloneZODB
provides a Python object persistency system." None of the other guff (though
a mention of its history is fine, of course ;)

This package is perfectly usable _right_now_ for Python programs that need a
data store. No longer do we have to shoe-horn our programs into an SQL
framework.

    Richard