Python Wrapper for Codebase (or xbase)

Anthony aduke at interactdirect.com
Mon Jan 21 13:55:49 EST 2002

Hello,

I need a Python wrapper to a c/c++ xbase library that will work with
python 2.1 under both Windows and Linux.

I noticed that Sequiter's website offers a wrapper for both platforms
that has only been tested under python 1.5.  Has anyone had any
experience using this wrapper? / what did you think of if?  How is the
performance?  The wrapper is available for free at
http://www.codebase.com/products/python/

How might this wrapper compare to the one by Hakki Dogusan?

Also, has anyone tried creating a python wrapper for the open source
xbase library at http://linux.techass.com/projects/xdb/.  I was trying
to use swig from http://sourceforge.net/projects/swig/ but i didn't
have much luck.

Any help / advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Anthony