DBI possibly bogus error message

Lee lee at jamtoday.com
Mon Jan 28 23:00:00 EST 2002

I'm a brand new Python user.  I've got Active Python (and Active Perl)
installed on my wintel sysem.

I'm using the pyperl module to reach  perl's DBI and DBD-Oracle
modules.

I follow the example in dbi2.py (which has an error, in the connect
statement  by the way,instead of DBI:Oracle:database=blahblah  I
needed DBI:Oracle:blahblah).

After some mucking about, I got an error message "Cant locate
Python/Object.pm in @INC (@INC contains: ...<my path to Perl/lig and
Perl/site/lib> )
BEGIN failled--compiation aborted

After that unpromissing beginning, lo and behold, I see the data I've
selected from my oracle table neatly printed out as advertized.

Anybody have a clue as to whats going on?

Is the error truly bogus? If not, whats the problem and how do I fix
it? If so, how do I surpress it?

Thanx in advance