Stop and go - two Python(Win) questions

Martin Bless m.bless at gmx.de
Wed Jan 16 10:59:48 EST 2002

Simon Brunning <SBrunning at trisystems.co.uk> wrote:

>Are you talking about a breakpoint? If so, it varies from debugger to
>debugger. In PythonWin, hit F9 in the line where you want to break, and make
>sure that you activate the debugger when you run your script.

Yes, I'm looking for a PERSISTENT breakpoint. The F9 method is great
but in more complex projects I'd like to have persistent breakpoints
too.

What I'm missing is the "set step on" directive of FoxPro which
suspends execution. You can then manually inspect/modify whatever you
want and later on "resume" execution.

So, what I'm looking for is a function like

  win32ui.PythonWinPleaseHearMyPlea(
      "suspend here as if F9 was pressed")

To resume later on I could press F5 as usual.

Martin