Stop and go - two Python(Win) questions

Simon Brunning SBrunning at trisystems.co.uk
Wed Jan 16 06:48:05 EST 2002

> From:	m.bless at gmx.de [SMTP:m.bless at gmx.de]
> (1) PythonWin: I can't find a way to cancel execution if I was clever
> enough to produce an indefinite loop (ctrl+c, ctrl+z, ctrl+halt, ...
> nothing I tried worked.

You'll find a Python icon in the system tray. Right click on this, and
select 'Break into running code'.

> (2) Is there a way to include a stable and static breakpoint in Python
> SOURCE while debugging, something like a "suspend" command, that make
> introspection and a resume possible?

Are you talking about a breakpoint? If so, it varies from debugger to
debugger. In PythonWin, hit F9 in the line where you want to break, and make
sure that you activate the debugger when you run your script.

Cheers,
Simon Brunning
TriSystems Ltd.
sbrunning at trisystems.co.uk