IDE for developing cross-platform GUI Windows/Linux/Mac apps

François Granger fgranger at alussinan.org
Wed Jan 23 17:42:13 EST 2002

Robin Dunn <robin at stop.spam.alldunn.com> wrote:

> > This post refers only to Mac OS X, which has a BSD kernel and so is
> > a different beast than the "Classic" Mac OS (OS 9 and earlier).  It
> > is presumably harder to get wxPython to work with the current
> > Classic OS.
>
> There was a build of wxPython last week for MacOS Carbon that is currently
> in better working order than the OS X track that I have been working
> (blindly, stumbling) on.  You can see some info about it here:
> http://lists.wxwindows.org/pipermail/wxpython-mac/2002-January/000054.html

I rushed...
Downloaded it...

Config is:
MacOS FU-1 9.1
Python 2.2

I did what is recommanded.

Running Main.py, message is:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "HD:Desktop Folder:wxPythonMac20020116:Main.py", line 15, in ?
    from   wxPython.wx import *
ImportError: No module named wxPython.wx

> One thing you can do is to join the wxPython-Mac mail list and urge people
> to move forward, test their alpha builds, provide other feedback, etc.

I'll do this at once, now that there is some hope.

--
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not sure