[slightly OT] Windows resources/docs

Graham Ashton graham at effectif.idps.co.uk
Mon Jan 21 06:22:10 EST 2002

I'd like to be able to control parts of Windows from Python, but don't
know where to look to find out about possible interfaces. In short, I've
got a problem finding the right docs.

What I actually want to do is to empty the Windows Recycle Bin from
Python. I imagine there is a nice neat way of doing it via COM, or
similar, but don't know where to start reading. I don't even know if COM
is the best approach here. Is there a better solution?

If it is, how would I go about finding out what the API is for accessing
things like the Recycle Bin from Python?

Thanks.

--
Graham Ashton <graham at effectif.idps.co.uk>