String encoding problem in frozen application

Eric Brunel eric.brunel at pragmadev.com
Tue Jan 22 09:07:46 EST 2002

Hi all,

I have an application that I froze using Gordon McMillan's installer. When
run with the interpreter, the application runs perfectly, but when frozen I
get errors on lines like:
text = unicode(text, "UTF-8").encode('iso8859-1')
The error is:
LookupError: no codec search functions registered: can't find encoding
Does anybody know a way to make things work? Do I have to include "manually"
something defining the encodings I want to use, and if I do, where do I find
it? I searched the Python documentation and the McMillan website, but didn't
find anything concerning this problem.

Thanks a lot in advance.
 - eric -