Autocoding project proposal.

Timothy Rue threeseas at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 26 12:57:19 EST 2002

On 26-Jan-02 07:43:17 phil hunt <philh at comuno.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
>On Sat, 26 Jan 2002 01:01:08 GMT, Joshua Macy
><l0819m0v0smfm001 at sneakemail.com> wrote:

>>   Here's a simple python program to count the lines in a specific file:
>>
>>f = open("myfile.txt")
>>l = f.readlines()
>>print len(l), " lines"
>>
>>Run on itself as input it prints:
>>3 lines.
>>
>>How would you accomplish the equivalent with VIC commands?

>Here's my prediction: either Tim will not answer this, or if he does answer
>it, it will not be with an explanation of how VIC does things, but with
>two things: (i) a not-particularly-illustrative metaphor, and (ii) an
>implication that programmers are too stupid/elitist/brainwashed to
>understand him.

>Though I wouldn't mind being proved wrong.

Step one: Build tool

Step two: Create or convert python language reference manual so it is
          usable by the VIC as a python code foundation

Step three: create general or basic loop and cycle scripts to put the
            VIC in motion.

Step four: Create automation of the Do's, Don't and standards of the
           python programming language

Step five: Create automations of repeatable processes when and where they
           are identified.

At where we currently are, we are looking to many steps ahead to determine
exactly how the above program may be generated. There are far to many
variable and valid possibilities to guess how it might actually be done.

The trick in the question is like saying I have this idea for a router on
an x y table that will be able to cut any shape I tell the system to cut.

And then having someone ask me how it would cut a circle. And before
anything but the example of a router and an x y table and a computer are
presented.

To explain how it cuts a circle could be explained by saying you have a
hole in the middle of the table and you use the markings on the table to
center up the material on the table. You then have an x and y bar tha you
fold down on the table so to mark where you are to drill the hole in the
material so to place a piviot point for an adjustable router base. From
here you place the base piviot point thru the hole and into the x y table.
Adjust the distance away from the piviot point the router tip is and turn
the router on and lower it into the material and push it around the piviot
point (counter clockwise for the typical router). The computer is a
calculater you use to determine the distance away from the router bit that
the center of the piviot point is, inorder to get the distance around the
circle that you want. And this process will work.

But that is not what a CNC router is.

To properly explain how the CNC router actually does this circle, you
first have to explain in detail how the CNC router works and then explain
the steps it goes thru to cut the circle.

So the question that is asked above about the VIC, is not really how to do
one specific thing, but asking for the complete details of all that needs
to be done and then what are the specific details of how it does the one
task (at which point all that wanted to know would already know how they
would do it.)

Phil is to stupid to know all this. Right Phil?

However, there is another possibility:

I have said the nine commands are identification of actions we do all the
time. For this to be true, then it means that even the manual act of
creating the program can be written out in terms of these nine actions by
anyone who can manually write that program out, including Phil.

So how about it Phil? It really doesn't matter, metaphorically speaking,
how you cut the code out, just so long as you identify in writting what
actions of the nine you use and when you use them.

There is a purpose to this exercize, to help Phil and who ever else that
wants to try it to begin understanding the action set, by identifying when
and where they use any of the set. Once you see that, you'll be better
able to understand the control point use of the action set. With that
you'll see for yourself how the VIC can be used to automate stuff.

So how about it Phil? Describe the sequence of steps you would do to
create the above program.

---
*3 S.E.A.S - Virtual Interaction Configuration (VIC) - VISION OF VISIONS!*
   *~ ~ ~      Advancing How we Perceive and Use the Tool of Computers!*
Timothy Rue      What's *DONE* in all we do?  *AI PK OI IP OP SF IQ ID KE*
Email @ mailto:timrue at mindspring.com      >INPUT->(Processing)->OUTPUT>v
Web @ http://www.mindspring.com/~timrue/  ^<--------<----9----<--------<