Autocoding >Re: "Introduction to Ethics",

Timothy Rue threeseas at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 29 00:43:01 EST 2002

On 28-Jan-02 19:06:11 Neil Hodgson <nhodgson at bigpond.net.au> wrote:
>Kragen Sitaker:

>> Can you explain what he sees VIC as, please?  I really want to know,
>> but I can't figure it out.

>   VIC appears to be what was called in the 80s a "software bus": systems
>software that manages the flow of data between processes and provides
>facilities to control that flow. The term seems to be used mainly for
>distributed systems now and there are too many poor matches on Google to
>find a decent reference to show.

>   I've worked on some software bus systems and they are often caused by an
>architect hyper-generalizing: "OK, we have some tabular cost data,
>interactive forms, and video feeds that need to be displayed on the user's
>terminal so how about we publish them all over one mechanism with an
>integrated query language". Such systems often provide high-paying long-term
>employment with little real possibility of concrete outcomes. Contractor
>heaven!

>   Neil

Interesting how so many people see it as something different.

Why do you suppose that is?

The VIC is the natural laws of the physical phenmenon of how we use
abstractions within the constraints of computers

It is not an idea and it is not a language.

So along as people preceived the earth as flat then they were constrained
by those errors in their thinking.

That same sort of problem exist here.

The presistance of other to precive the VIC in a manner that is in error.
This also tend to suggest that they do not believe me, which is insulting.

And the irrational and illogical responces others have given, suggest that
they know I'm right but can't quite get a handle on why.

---
*3 S.E.A.S - Virtual Interaction Configuration (VIC) - VISION OF VISIONS!*
   *~ ~ ~      Advancing How we Perceive and Use the Tool of Computers!*
Timothy Rue      What's *DONE* in all we do?  *AI PK OI IP OP SF IQ ID KE*
Email @ mailto:timrue at mindspring.com      >INPUT->(Processing)->OUTPUT>v
Web @ http://www.mindspring.com/~timrue/  ^<--------<----9----<--------<