Autocoding project proposal.

phil hunt philh at comuno.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Jan 25 18:37:22 EST 2002

On Fri, 25 Jan 2002 17:09:56 GMT, Timothy Rue <threeseas at earthlink.net> wrote:
>On 25-Jan-02 08:01:39 phil hunt <philh at comuno.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
>>On Fri, 25 Jan 2002 02:30:22 GMT, Timothy Rue <threeseas at earthlink.net>
>>wrote:
>
>[snip]
>
>>>I'm asking for help in creating this tool.
>
>>Create something that works -- it doesn't have to work very well, but
>>it must have some small functionality. Then you will likely get some help,
>>if others find the project interesting too. At least, that is what I have
>>found.
>
>That's been done..
>

>how would you suggest breaking the project into parts so as to be able to
>create a list of parts to do, that I might get help with?

I would suggest the following:

(1) take the crap out of your website, i.e. the javaScript, the black
background, the multicoloured text. Use a more restrained design.

(2) describe your project so that people can more easily understand it.
You should aim to do this an a paragraph or three; any longer is too
long.

(3) learn better coding techniques. 500 lines in one function is not
good. Write lots of Python code -- learning programming is like learning
anything else, you have to practise to get good at it.

(4) Don't be obsessed with getting others to help you. Plan to do
the work yourself if need be.

--
===== Philip Hunt ===== philh at comuno.freeserve.co.uk =====
One OS to rule them all, one OS to find them,