OT: top-posting vs. inline responses

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Fri Jan 18 09:14:30 EST 2002

On Fri, 18 Jan 2002 11:42, Mark McEahern wrote:
> Paul Jackson wrote:
> > Does someone have a simple explanation of why such
> > top posting is bad form?  I don't like it either,
> > but I am unable to articulate why I don't like it.
>
> I personally don't mind top-posting.  It beats the hell out of someone who
> lazily quotes pages upon pages of text and then says at the bottom, "Yeah,
> I agree."

Frankly, I would rather someone whose only contribution to the discussion is
"I agree" didn't post at all, since it is a fundamental negation of
netiquette to do so. Whether at the top or the bottom of the quoted post.

knowing-this-group-is-unable-to-resist-replying-with-
        top-posted-agreements-ly y'rs  - steve
--
Consulting, training, speaking: http://www.holdenweb.com/
Python Web Programming: http://pydish.holdenweb.com/pwp/