Status of Python for .NET

Brian Quinlan brian at sweetapp.com
Wed Jan 30 14:18:57 EST 2002

> Two questions:
>
> - The current version of VisualPython .NET seems not to generate CLR
> code, but just provide a fancy IDE for "Python as we know and love
> it". Will Python support the CLR, and specifically the
> language-interoperability thing? (I'm asking because I want to be
> spared the ... bad language-lookalike that is C#).

You are combining two products: VisualPython is, as you state, a fancy
IDE for Python. Python .NET is a Python IL compiler but it is far from
complete and not sold by ActiveState.

> - With the leave of Mark Hammond from Activestate, does anybody have a
> guess about the future of Visual Python .NET?

Mark Hammond didn't work on VisualPython at all. Why don't you ask him
if he plans on working on Python .NET? Also, the code is available for
you to work on, so go nuts!

Cheers,
Brian