Book Royalties

Dr. David Mertz mertz at gnosis.cx
Thu Jan 24 03:04:34 EST 2002

Kragen Sitaker <kragen at pobox.com> wrote previously:
|> I don't know about indexing but there's bazillions of freelance
|> editors out there hungry for work.

|How do you know which ones are any good?

I know a couple editors whose work I have been pleased with, who would
probably be interested in doing freelance work on books or articles.  I
haven't been in a relationship with either that involved me paying them
directly, so I honestly cannot say what sort of rates they would want
for a project like that.  But if anyone wants to write me off-list, I'll
let you know contact information--and also the exact details of my
knowledge about said editors.

Of course, I happen to know a couple whom I would recommend... everyone
else who has written books and articles has their own good and bad
experiences... adding up to exactly one bazillion editors in all.  Of
those, only a few jillion are looking for freelance work, and only
(let's say) 30% of those are in the good category.

Yours, David...

--
 mertz@  _/_/_/_/ THIS MESSAGE WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY: \_\_\_\_    n o
gnosis  _/_/             Postmodern Enterprises            \_\_