Build a help system for a Python application

Martin Franklin martin.franklin at westgeo.com
Thu Jan 10 07:08:31 EST 2002

Xiao-Qin Xia wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to build a help system for my python application. The GUI is based
> on Tkinter. The application will be able to run on windows and Linux, I
> hope
> that the help system would not depend on certain platform (OS).  I have no
> experience on that, any suggestion is welcome.
>
> Regards,
> Xiao-Qin Xia

I use HTML for my help files and a little html viewer (based on the Tkinter
Text widget I found inside the PTUI tool (check the vaults)  This is OK for
basic help but does not support images.....  I also use the PMW balloon
widget (tooltips)  for anything that requires a little explaining but not
full blown help ...