calldll for python 2.2 available?

Martin Bless m.bless at gmx.de
Wed Jan 9 08:23:48 EST 2002

"Alex Martelli" <aleax at aleax.it> wrote:
>> Is a version for python 2.2 available?
>I've >built one and it's now available for download from
>http://www.aleax.it/Python/calldll_22.zip .

Ah, great, thanks a lot! Only a few minutes turn-around time.
Fascinating!

For the first time I was trying do build *.pyd's myself but wasn't
successful yet. I grabbed MinGW-1.1.tar.gz from www.mingw.org, and
build an import library libpython22.a.

At first glance everything works ok. For example
>>> python setup.py build -mingw32
will successfully compile the simple 'hello.c' from Mark Lutz's book
"Programming Python 2nd Ed.". No error messages.

Unfortunately 'import hello' afterwards will say something like
"Import error: Eine für diese Operation erforderliche DLL wurde nicht
gefunden". ("a DLL needed for this operation wasn't found").

Same error with other modules containing *.c extensions.
Seems to be a windows error message passed through, since it talks
german.

Any ideas what the problem may be?

Martin